Monday, March 21, 2011

And your point is?

I want to make one damn thing straight before this even gets started: I am not an atheist.  A lot of what I write about has to do with religion, but that's not the sole focus of this whole shabang.  The purpose is to bring a little logic, and dare-I-say common sense, to political, religious, and social issues.  The title "Christian Fearing God-Man," is more or less a way to lure people.  It seems that being edgy and somewhat caustic is gold these days, so why not capitalize on it?

I will give fair warning to all readers (who right now are probably just my friends, but for anyone that doesn't know me, be prepared):  I will pull no punches.  I will insult various groups of people.  I will spew forth vituperation that is crude at times, yet poignant (hopefully).  And I will not, under any circumstances, appologize for anything you might find offensive.  I am, however, always open to discussion and new ideas.  I am incredibly open minded, and in no way do I feel as though I have all the answers, no matter how hard I try to make it seem otherwise.

For those bold enough to continue reading, I hope I can present some provocative insights that spark discussion; if not with actual people then perhaps between the little voices in your heads.  You know, that whole "I and Me" discussion.

Without further ado, in the words of the great Dante Alighieri, "abandon all hope, ye who enter here."  Enjoy =)

1 comment:

Johanna said...

I like the disclaimer my friend. It is well stated and true to your personality. I applaud your enthusiasm in boldly sharing your insights and inviting (and inciting ;) others into stimulating conversations. I hope this is a fulfilling venture.