Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Glenn Beck, please go away

I know this one is going to get me in trouble with my conservative friends, but you’ll be okay.  Besides, tomorrow I plan to write a piece on Jesse Jackson that is not particularly flattering.
 
Nazi collabortor?  Wat?
But today, Glenn, is your day.  Now I have to admit that I have, in fact, listened to Glenn Beck’s radio program a few times.  I found him somewhat entertaining, especially when he addressed the rumors that he is gay (“rolling dude-heavy,” as he put it).  And although he says some fairly inflammatory shit, I thought that he has a few good points in there somewhere.  Be that as it may, Glenn Beck is a conspiracy theorist agitator who has little else to offer than fomenting fear and suspicion.  And because he’s that brand of douche, he’s gotta go.

I don’t know if Beck is anti-Semitic or not, as I can’t judge a man’s heart.  It could be that he’s not actually anti-Semitic and that he’s just a giant dumbass.  I’m sorry, friend, but when you refer to Jews as “bloodsuckers,” you’re asking to be called a racist.  For those of you who don’t know, the term “bloodsucker,” has traditionally been used as a racial slur against Jews.  I think it originated in Germany, and the term in German is “blutsauger.”

That’s not all.  Apparently, many of the conspiracy theories that he claims to buy into has to do with Jews trying to take over the world, among the masterminds is the Holocaust survivor George Soros.  In a stroke of genius, which can only be attributed to someone who knowingly makes a name for being an agitator or is mentally retarded, Beck accused Soros of being a Nazi collaborator. 

Four works for you, Becky: Are you fucking serious?  Even if by some insane stroke of improbable happenstance Soros was a Nazi collaborator, you still don’t say shit like that.  The stakes for looking like a complete dumbass are far too high to take such a gamble.  Well, Becky did, and now he’s been shit-canned by Fox News.  I wonder why?  Granted, Soros is a huge contributor to the Democratic party, but so fucking what?  It’s his money and he can do with it as he pleases.  I’m sorry if you don’t agree with his politics, but that’s America.

Great job Becky.  You really tricked me
into  believing you're anti-Semitic with
the "big  nose," remark.  Oh wait . . .

And before you say, “well he supports Israel and hates Iran, how can he be anti-Semitic?”  One journalist brought up the very salient fact that even fierce anti-Semites support Israel because they believe that will bring about the Rapture, or whatever.  If all I wrote were racial slurs and conspiracy theories about races of people trying to take over the world on my blog, would you believe me if I said “oh I’m not racist.”  I wouldn’t believe me.

Conspiracy theorists are generally fools, and Beck probably doesn’t even really believe in half the shit he talks about.  He saw an opportunity to make a name for himself, and he took it.  He’s no better than all the liberal idiots who think that there’s a vast Right-Wing conspiracy that’s being perpetrated by rich white men in America.

So here’s my advice to Becky: if you’re not anti-Semitic, then stop saying anti-Semitic shit you fucking moron.  Stop referring to Jews as “bloodsuckers,” and “big-nose.”  And dude, when you accuse 10 people of forming a conspiracy, and 9 of them are Jews . . . that sort of looks like you have a thing against Jews.  You’re one step away from the KKK dipshits that also think the Jews are trying to rule the world.

Long story short: no one is conspiring against you, even if Glenn Beck says they are.

"Get right the fuck outta here big nose!"

7 comments:

Harrison said...

Sorry, he didn't call Jews bloodsuckers. According to the WaPo article you linked to:

“sucks the blood from people.”

He was talking about Soros who happens to be Jewish. Soros himself has admitted what he witnessed and did growing up when the Nazis occupied his nation to survive. Had someone on the Right done this Beck's criticism of him would look pale by comparison.

I might not totally agree with Beck on everything but before or after he says something like this he will show a video clip, play an audio, or show the text backing up his assertions.

Soros happens to be Jewish but were Beck talking about Osama bin Laden would he be anti-Arab?

Jack Camwell said...

Sucking the blood out of people vs. bloodsucker? I am not so sure there's a big difference other than a slight change of words. That was my bad though, because I had another article that quoted him using the term bloodsucker, but when I went to link it I discovered that I had lost it =(

And Beck did call him a collaborator. I have no doubt that Soros did some questionable things to survive, but I would hardly call him a collaborator for what he did.

And c'mon, he says that he thinks the whole "Elders of Zion," thing is right. I'm not saying that it's his disdain for Soros that makes him an anti-Semite, it's the things he says that makes it hard to believe that he's not. "Sucks the blood out of people," and "big nose," are generally terms reserved for Jews.

If during a rant about bin Laden he called him something offensive like, say, "sand nigger," then wouldn't you wonder if he were a bit racist towards Arabs?

Harrison said...

You be the judge whether Soros was a collaborator (these are his words from a CBS interview):

When the Nazis occupied Budapest in 1944, George Soros' father was a successful lawyer. He lived on an island in the Danube and liked to commute to work in a rowboat. But knowing there were problems ahead for the Jews, he decided to split his family up. He bought them forged papers and he bribed a government official to take 14-year-old George Soros in and swear that he was his Christian godson. But survival carried a heavy price tag. While hundreds of thousands of Hungarian Jews were being shipped off to the death camps, George Soros accompanied his phony godfather on his appointed rounds, confiscating property from the Jews.

KROFT: My understanding is that you went out with this protector of yours who swore that you were his adopted godson.

Mr. SOROS: Yes. Yes.

KROFT: Went out, in fact, and helped in the confiscation of property from the Jews.

Mr. SOROS: Yes. That's right. Yes.

KROFT: I mean, that's -- that sounds like an experience that would send lots of people to the psychiatric couch for many, many years. Was it difficult?

Mr. SOROS: Not -- not at all. Not at all. Maybe as a child you don't -- you don't see the connection. But it was -- it created no -- no problem at all.

KROFT: No feeling of guilt?

Mr. SOROS: No.

KROFT: For example that, 'I'm Jewish and here I am, watching these people go. I could just as easily be there. I should be there.' None of that?

Mr. SOROS: Well, of course I c -- I could be on the other side or I could be the one from whom the thing is being taken away. But there was no sense that I shouldn't be there, because that was -- well, actually, in a funny way, it's just like in markets -- that if I weren't there -- of course, I wasn't doing it, but somebody else would -- would -- would be taking it away anyhow. And it was the -- whether I was there or not, I was only a spectator, the property was being taken away. So the -- I had no role in taking away that property. So I had no sense of guilt.

Jack Camwell said...

Well, he was 14 at the time. Would you, at age 14, have refused that opportunity knowing that you would face certain torture and death?

Collaborator would mean that he willingly helped them achieve their goal for reasons beyond the necessity for survival. He's no different than the Jewish councils in the ghettos that were forced to choose who went to the ovens first.

I can't judge him for what he did in that situation, because I'm not so sure that there'd be many people who wouldn't have done that. I'm not sure what I would have done. It's unsettling that he doesn't feel any guilt from it, but again, he was 14 at the time, and he was in a situation that I can't even imagine.

Be that as it may, as comfortable as Becky is throwing around phrases like "big nose," Soros is probably not the first Jew he's called that.

I'm no fan of Soros, and I'm not trying to apologize for what he did during the Holocaust, but I'm also not so quick to judge a man in those type of circumstances.

And besides, had they known he was a Jew, their "collaboration," would have ended fairly quickly. This information, however, has prompted me to forgo the Jesse Jackson post for tomorrow, and to put up my Machiavelli post.

Jesse Jackson will have to wait to get his drubbing till Thursday.

Good find though. I'm glad you brought that to my attention.

Jack Camwell said...

And I have to point out that he was speaking about how he felt at the time. I'd love to see if he has expressed any remorse for it now. Does he talk about that later in the interview? That's not a challenge to what you've presented, just curiosity.

And to be clear, this does help explain why Beck called him a collaborator, as this situation is morally questionable at best.

Harrison said...

The Nazi machine contained many cogs large and small. His justifications are troubling.

Harrison said...

Also, I'm not so sure Beck is really that far off regarding Leftists, Unions, and Islamists working together. Soros and his money fits into that picture. The problem is you can easily look like you're wearing a tin foil hat.