Monday, August 15, 2011

Dumbass Idea of the Week

A study showed that most people seem to prefer spoilers, and that spoiling the end to moviea  or a book does nothing to decrease someone's enjoyment of said piece.

What?

How many of you have seen The Sixth Sense?  Without the twist at the end, that movie would have meant very little.  In fact, how many of you have watched that movie more than once?  More than twice?  Or take Ocean's Eleven for another example.  The end, figuring out how they pulled one over on that heist, was one of those "holy shit," moments that you can't replicate, and would have been meaningless if you knew for fact that it was going to happen.

When I read a book or watch a movie, I'm not the type of person that tries to predict the ending.  I try to stay in the moment, follow the story the way it was meant to be followed.  Why do people prefer to have the story spoiled for them?

Some asshat that conducted this study said that the plot is "just an excuse for good writing."  What the fuck does that even mean?  Of course the plot is important.  I don't care if you're Walt-fucking-Witman: the plot matters just as much as the writing. 

**Spoiler Alert**

People are fucking retarded.  Shit, did I ruin it for anyone?

Oh and here were the best search terms of the week:  "hot volleyball ass,"  "demotivational poster cum," and "Jesus shoots a bird."


3 comments:

Harrison said...

I disagree. I still remember in 5th grade when someone told me Darth Vader was Luke's father.

That did kind of ruin the movie for me.

In The Spirit Of Open Dialogue said...

Hi, I enjoyed reading your blog, I tried to become a follower but the thingy wasn't working..

Jack Camwell said...

ITSOD,
Thank you for reading and enjoying what I'm doing here.

Blogger being what it is, occasionally some features don't always work the way they're supposed to. I would encourage you to continue to try to use the feature.

Again, thanks for stopping by, and I hope for your continued readership.

=)