Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Why I Suck Lately

I might be a bit vain in thinking this, but I'm betting that my dear readers have noticed that I've been slacking lately in posting.  Before this past month, I was doing a good job at posting something nearly every day, and now it would seem that I have slowed down a bit.

There's a couple reasons why.  First and foremost is the fact that I've grown tired of writing about the news for the simple fact that it seems like everyone in every news outlet is writing about the same shit every day.  I don't like rahashing topics unless I think there's some sort of new aspect about it to explore.  The news is just boring lately.  It's like we're stuck on a broken-ass record that only plays the phrases "Class Warfare" and "Occupy (Insert Location)."

Also, the whole partisanship thing is starting to get on my nerves a bit.  If you were an outsider looking in on this mess, you'd think that America was filled with nothing but moronic and inept villains and evil-doers.  Both sides think that the other side is willfully trying to destroy the nation for nefarious purposes.  Both sides are trying to master-mind their own conspiracies, and both sides fail at their plans hard core.  So I really haven't been feeling like writing about politics lately, because it seems like there are few people left who are willing to have a rational discussion about important shit.

I've been feeling somewhat uninspired lately, and I'm not sure why.  Perhaps I'm just bored, or maybe I've just run out of interesting things to say.  It might be because of work, as well, because there's been an influx of irresponsible parents calling us, so it's hard for me to write my articles at work.  By the time I get home, I just want to chill and not do anything productive.

Things will probably be worse, though, because I've been selected to play in the Star Wars: The Old Republic beta.  For those of you who don't know, it's an MMO.  I'm a *huge* Star Wars nerd, and as if getting to play an epic Star Wars game that's a sequel to one of my favorite game series, Knights of the Old Republic, wasn't enough, I get to fucking play it with friends.  Ballin' out of control.

The call to The Old Republic is strong, and soon I'll have Batman Arkham City and Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim to spend my time playing.  So it looks like it will be even harder to write.

But that's okay.  I'm not going on haiatus or anything, I just need to stop being lazy.  I'm actually starting school this January to get my teaching license, so things will probably be even worse then.  I can imagine that my posts will get more abusive and vituperative, but never towards my loyal readers.

Enjoy your Tuesday, and hopefully I'll have something more substantial to write for tomorrow!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Buckets right? Buckets :)

It is getting close to november, thats probably not helping much with the policitcal hoo-haa. Next year is an ellection year and it can only get worse.

just write about what calls to you. Read a book and review it or something.

~smitty

Harrison said...

Well just write about something others are not or write from a different perspective.

I've been writing for over 2 years and sometimes it gets tough but there are always things going on and, if it helps, watch a few episodes of Fox News' Red Eye for inspiration... I always pick something up.

The first 3-6 months of blogging are the easiest... after that the novelty wears off and few survive.

Hope you'll be one of them!

Since you like Camus so much why not write about why you like him or what issue in your life his writings helped to solve?

Jack Camwell said...

http://christianfearinggodman.blogspot.com/2011/04/who-fuck-is-albert-camus-and-why-fuck_28.html

Already ahead of you on that one.

And I thought my perspective was fairly different from most people's, lol. I seem to have no shortage of people who disagree with my perspective.

Silverfiddle said...

We all have our ups and downs, and real life is more important...

Anonymous said...

AMEN, SF!

I get weary of making the same old arguments to new audiences an dealing with their never catching fire. Most of what I say is either studiously ignored or rudely dismissed.

I may be that none of us gets the response he hopes for, so at times one starts to think, "Maybe I ought to shut up and relax, instead of beating my head against a stone wall?"

BUT there is an odd satisfaction in simply sorting out one's own thoughts, and stating what-one-believes-is-the-truth as clearly as possible regardless of how these thoughts are received.

One never knows who may be reading and receiving at any given time.

~ FT

KP said...

Red Eye is very creative, a wide range of views and Gutfeld is just plain funny. Then there is the leg chair ...

"Also, the whole partisanship thing is starting to get on my nerves a bit."

I hear you. After reading ThatDeborahGirl at LD's blog the other day I was so disappointed by her racial hatred I found myself considering backing away from all political discussion for awhile. I believe some of the andger and angst if like alcohol and drug abuse for some people.