Wednesday, January 11, 2012

A Few things on My Mind

I've been trying harder to produce more of the outstanding content that my readers have come to expect from me.  And in that, I've realized something . . .

According to my stats, I got over 600 page hits yesterday.  Granted, a lot of that is from image searches, but I know that more than 16 people read my blog, yet somehow I've only got 16 followers.  What in the hell is that all about?

To those of you who publicly follow my blog, thank you for your support.  Silverfiddle over at Western Hero always has my latest and greatest updated on one of his sidebar things, and that makes me fairly happy.  Be that as it may, with as many hits as I get per day, one would expect that I'd have a larger following.

Sadly, I don't.  Fortunately for all of you, the web browser here at work sucks major ass, so it won't let me see who my actual followers are.  When I get home tonight, however, I will add a list here personally thanking each and every one of my faithful people.

As for the rest of you, what gives?  The best explanation that I can come up with is the fact that many of my readers are generally conservative.  Now, with the exception of people like Harrison over at Capitol Commentary, many conservatives who call themselves Republicans are also very spiritual Christians.  So my question to you is: Are you afraid to publicly follow my blog because of the name?

Or am I being punished because I'm not part of the almighty, world-wide orgy that is Facebook?  I've given it a lot of thought lately.  Larry over at Political Realities, a wonderful piece of internet space to which I contribute occasionally, is on Facebook, and he's got a bunch of followers.  I know that if I started a Facebook for Jack Camwell, I'd probably get a lot more exposure.  But fuck that.

I suppose it could also be that although some people enjoy my content, they don't want to be seen supporting some of the horrifyingly foul language, innuendos, and references that I produce.  I suppose CFGM can be fairly lewd.  I mean, I do post pictures of rather scantily clad women on holidays, even religious holidays (nothing says "Celebrate the birth of Jesus" like a nice pair of tits).  And of course, I freely say words like "tits."

Anyway, most of that is just me being silly.  It doesn't bother me one way or the other who decides to follow my blog publicly, and I just like poking fun at people.  All I care about is that people are, in fact, reading and that my message is getting out there.

But I will admit this: I want this blog to go places, and it can't go places without people supporting it.  So if you're not afraid, follow this awful patch of internet space.  If you are afraid, just tell me so!  If you simply think I'm full of shit and you'd rather that my message not spread, then don't be scared to tell me that either.

Lastly, I'm going to get back into the habbit of posting pictures with funny captions.  I've been super lazy these days, and although my page hits have gone up even with my lack of activity, I think I owe it to those who have remained faithful.

So here's a little something to offend everyone!


For my Christian audience: Nobody fucks with the
Jesus.

For those offended by foul language.


For the atheist crowd.


And for those of you offended by boobs and tattooes.
Double whammy.



10 comments:

Silverfiddle said...

Jack: First off, please, more pictures with funny captions! As a bonus, it will increase your hits.

I love the Ron Paul "Seriously, he will slap the shit out of you." That one kills me! You need to rerun it or put it on the side or something since you are supporting him.

Followers: I just now noticed that I don't even have a followers app anymore. It crashed awhile back to I just said to heck with it. My hits actually increased after it crashed and I took it off. Probably no correlation there, but my hits did not go down after removing it.

Your foul language probably drives some people off, but it probably attracts others. Dunno...

Just keep rockin' on to your own crazy tune and you will attract the kind of people you enjoy interacting with.

Jack Camwell said...

Haha, thanks Silver. As I mentioned this post was more meant in a joking manner. I think I'm getting a decent amount of hits for only being at this for nearly a year.

EXCELLENT idea about putting up that picture of Ron Paul. I'm going to figure out how to get that up somewhere.

What's so crazy about my tune? HMM?!?!

=)

D Charles QC said...

I will be honest. I play some computer games like Diablo II and I am hooked on Sacred 2 but apart from that I am a computer nerd and with a failing eyesight (unfortunately I am going eventually blind) I do not try hard to go "geeky". Thus I confess on not knowing what you need from me to be a "regular follower". I do not use a webpage or the like, I simply read, log in and comment if I feel like it.

Jack Camwell said...

Aww, it's okay Damien. Don't worry about it =)

Silverfiddle said...

Jack: I know you didn't seriously take offense, but I will still elaborate.

You have your own style and you should stick to it. Remember, you're special... Just like the rest of us!

LD Jackson said...

Well, you know how I feel about the language. That is the reason I do not have your blog in the RSS blogroll of Political Realities. However, I do subscribe to your RSS feed in Google Reader and I do read a lot of what you write.

I also appreciate you toning the language down when you comment and write on my blog. A lot of people wouldn't do that and I appreciate the respect you show to my little space of the internet.

Harrison said...

Ha those are some funny cartoons. It's okay to yell "Jesus Christ" as long as you don't talk about a second coming at the same time (unless it is).

manapp99 said...

I found your blog through JMJ who I argued with at the old Bring it On site. I think your content is most excellent and, like mentioned above, I would cruise here read and sometime comment. Now that I see your really an insecure pussy I have decided to join in order to try and bolster your flagging self esteem. However I realized that I too must be an insecure pussy as I have thrown in my lot as a follower. Therefore my following your site will probably just reinforce your doubts about yourself as you realize your only attracting other low self esteem pussies such as myself. Perhaps you should just rename the site as one for low self esteem pussies that like your most excellent content.

Other than that what can I say. That I only come here to look at the pictures and don't read the articles?

Jack Camwell said...

My guess is that you're joking, but if I were so insecure then why would I have posted pictures that would be offensive to the people I'm trying to draw in?

Anyway, as I said, I was just joking around with this post.

I appreciate that you think my content is excellent =)

manapp99 said...

Yes...I was joking. I appreciate the fact that you present thoughtful content that is not the usual party talking points found at most blogs. Throw in the pictures with the funny captions (of which I assume your the author)and I feel as at home here as a tick burrowed deep in the ear of a hound dog.