Saturday, June 1, 2013

Let's Talk about God: A 5 Part Series

Don't worry, you can actually invest in this week-long series, because this time I have already written all the parts of it in order to hedge the inevitable laziness that would prevent me from writing the rest of it.

So tomorrow will be part 1 of this series.  It's a look into my personal spirituality and how it has evolved over the course of my life.  I know that a good portion of my readers are Christian--very Christian--so I know this will probably not sit well with some of you.

All I ask is that you keep an open mind.  This series is not meant to be persuasive, but it is an exposition on how I view spirituality through the lens of my experiences.  I've spent a good portion of my life questioning the things I was always told not to question, and my one hope is that I can inspire others to do the same.

And if this does inspire you, I honestly don't care what conclusion you come to.  The important thing is that we all use this gift we call intellect, and hopefully we come to a fuller understanding of ourselves and the world around us.

Part I will post tomorrow morning.  I hope you all enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

good deal Jackie. I am still gathering links for part 10 anyways.

After you hash out an important subject, I can spoil it all again next week by talking about gender.